Class Discussion-Forest Bathing
The breakout room I was apart of discussed forest bathing. Before reading the article, I had already heard of this concept as being healthy and essential. I think for those of us living inner city surrounded by concrete and few trees, this is especially important. We have a small backyard where we have a few garden beds that we tend to in the summer months so that really helps. I feel so grateful to have that.
On Friday morning, I took what I learned from the article and put it into practice. I walked to Dimond Park, took off my shoes, planted my bare feet on the ground, and sat under the majestic redwoods. As soon as I did this, park personnel began trimming trees and blowing leaves. I began a short meditation amidst the noise and began the process of forest bathing. It wasn't quite the amount of de-stressing I could have used, but it was successful in the sense that I was surrounded by trees and nature.
Comments
Post a Comment