Class Discussion

 I admit I don't know a lot of facts about radioactivity in the environment or the human body. I assumed that most radiation was bad and unnatural. I appreciate learning more about the topic and broadening my understanding on the topic. I found the article about bananas especially interesting. At first, I understood it to be that bananas carried an especially high amount of radiation. Then as I read more, the article states that it is not a good way to measure and present radiation exposure amount because it’s not an accurate description of the type of radiation and that it doesn’t necessarily leave the body the same way other types. So I understand that it’s important to be more specific and clear about the specific types of radioisotopes and how they leave or don’t leave the body. 


Comments

  1. I appreciate your feedback of the bananas! I forgot about how it discussed how the type of radiation leaves the body. It does seem quite arbitrary of a description and can be deceiving to those who may stumble upon the article and not understand its full meaning.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment