Class Discussions
I think it is interesting and important to discuss the future of TCM during the pandemic and how it is shaping the future of our medicine. We are living through a deeply transformative period of time and when I stop to think about it and read the articles and have the discussions in class, I am reminded of this transformative period of time. It makes me feel excited and terrified at the same time. I love this medicine and yet I worry about being prepared enough not only in my education, but for what our medicine will look like and serving people post-pandemic.
One transformation I see happening is the use of herbal formulas. At least at our school, patients are first coming for an online appointment and being offered an herbal prescription. I know our school gives a lot of weight to herbs and I appreciate that. I think for the future of our medicine, herbs are going to be even more important in treating patients.
Comments
Post a Comment